What is Adobe Experience Manager?
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is an enterprise-level web content management and publishing system designed to authorize the creation and optimization of websites over discrete digital channels such as web, mobile, and social.
AEM lets firms to provide extremely customized digital experience to audiences across distinct delivery channels. Using Adobe Experience Manager, authors can author, edit, publish and manage web pages/sites in various languages for individual brands and at multiple regions.
Why Adobe Experience Manager?
- Enhance digital experiences of their customers by increasing their brand presence through numerous data connecting channels.
- Utilize the combined abilities of Web Content Management (WCM) and Digital Asset Management (DAM) for editing and optimizing the content assets of their platforms.
- Interact with customers across various social media channels using the marketing tools viz. communities, blogs, ratings, and forums.
What Adobe Experience Manager can do for you?
With AEM, organizations can streamline the process of designing, administering and deployment of content and assets across numerous websites, mobile applications, and more.
Key Components of AEM include AEM Sites, AEM Communities, AEM Assets, AEM Mobile and AEM Forms.
EXPERIENCE MANAGER SITES: It allows to quickly design and administer the suitable website and mobile experiences.
EXPERIENCE MANAGER COMMUNITIES: This community makes connection with customers an easy task. It employs forums, user groups, resources, and other features that are of value for the customers as well as employees.
EXPERIENCE MANAGER ASSETS: This component easily manages the assets like images and videos across individual digital channel to promote superior customer experience.
EXPERIENCE MANAGER MOBILE: Build, manage, and deliver apps through mobile.
EXPERIENCE MANAGER FORMS: Simplifies the creation of forms that you can integrate into your web and mobile experiences.
How Does AEM Work?
AEM is generally preferable for authors. Using this software, authors perform the following tasks:
Step1 : Author and publish websites.
Here, you can enter and organize the content for your website.
For this purpose, either of two UIs, namely:
- Classic UI
- Touch-optimized UI
Are utilized to author and administer the content on a wide range of electronic devices.
Classic UI – Authoring
This tried, tested and trusted UI has been in access from the beginning. It is fundamentally designed for use on desktop devices.
Editing a page with the classic UI, showing the content finder and the sidekick:
Touch-optimized UI – Authoring
This is the latest version of UI, designed specifically for touch devices, but can be operated on desktop devices too.
Editing a page using the touch-optimized UI, displaying the component browser:
When done with authoring, the content is issued to the Publish environment and made it available to the intended users. For a normal internet site, this is available through the internet, but doesn’t carry complete protection of internal network. On the site, where content has been published, users have the access to post comments on the individual pages or participate in the forums.
Step 2 : Develop your website with customized components, incorporating collective design, visitor access control and specific views for a range of mobile devices.
The next step ranges to developing the AEM platform.
The system incorporates a cohesive web-based development environment, namely CRXDE Lite that has its own user interface. Its functionality is analogous to the Classic UI.
Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) offers a lot of interesting features on both the user’s side and web developers side.
- Digital Asset Management (DAM) provides a single system for the storage and management of digital content and marketing assets across the enterprise
- Advanced Analytics Integration giving marketers deep insight into digital assets, visitor characteristics, and effective marketing methods.
- Marketing Campaign Management dashboards give marketers centralized control of the creation of campaign assets and monitoring of campaign progress.
- Social Community Presence tools enable the creation and maintenance of communities around an organization’s brands and properties, which bestows a competitive advantage in terms of brand loyalty and long-term relationships with customers.
- eCommerce Integration tools allow marketers and merchandisers to customize and optimize the online shopping experience for customers, accentuating brand characteristics and promoting brand recognition.
- Cloud-Ready Interface allow organizations to increase specialization, reduce reliance on in-house IT services and focus on their market goals.
- Multi-site Management tool enables marketers to create and manage their collections of websites.
Below are other 3 techy reasons why people love AEM:
- AEM is efficient
- AEM is secure
- AEM is easily maintainable
Efficiency, security and maintainability are, in our opinion, the three major reasons to love Adobe Experience Manager as a developer. But those three are just some of the features that make working with AEM enjoyable. Get some hands on experience of the above said features by taking Adobe Experience Manager Training.
AEM is being widely used by large enterprise clients and has gained a solid reputation in delivering value. As compared to its competitors, it is way ahead in functionality and far more sophisticated in features.
Adobe Experience manager overcomes the challenges that organizations face in-terms of rigorously measuring and analyzing results and to refine the user experience for maximum conversion and retention.