Currently, I am working for IT firm where I am working as System administrator for the company. I have to manage their infrastructure, and also, I have to monitor their servers using Nagios server monitoring.
But it is a very tidied task to monitor server with Nagios, just because of after every one-minute interval Nagios fetches new stat of your infrastructure, and you can’t check stat after each one minute.
So, you need an automated system that notifies if there is any problem in your server infrastructure. Good news is that there is browser plugin available for both Firefox and Chrome. Chrome extension won’t work properly, but an extension for Firefox works seamlessly.
How to configure Nagios Checker Firefox Extension.
- First Download and Install Nagios Checker Firefox extension. Go to Firefox Nagios checker extension page and click on Add to Firefox Button on Download page.
- After that a new window will pop, click on Install Now button to complete installation of the extension.
- Now restart Firefox by clicking Restart Now Button to complete installation of Extension.
- Now you can see Nagios checker extension at the bottom of Firefox, on Addon bar of Firefox. Right click over Nagios extension and then click on Settings option.
P.S.: If you are not able to see Addon bar in Firefox then click on Firefox LOGO on top right corner of Firefox browser–> then Hover your mouse over Option–>then click Addon Bar option. (OR Simply press shortcut from keyboard CTRL+/ to enable Addon bar in Firefox.
- Now a new window will Pop, then click on Add New Button to add your Nagios server.
- After that, a new window Pop gives any Name to your monitoring because you can monitor multiple servers and Hosts.
- Now Go to Nagios Web Interface tab and give Nagios web Interface URL and Username and Password for your Nagios.
- Now go to Status Script URL tab and click set URL manually CheckBox if you know the URL status script of your Nagios and paste in Text Box manually. If you don’t know the Status script URL of your Nagios, simply click Locate URL Button to locate your Nagios status script URL.
- Now click OK button on the first window and after that again press OK button on the second window. Now if everything goes right, it will start showing warnings and issues of your Host and Server Infrastructure.If there is any issue with your Hosts, then it will pop and also produces sound.